Your Donations Help Make Long-Lasting Life Changes
Your gift today helps ensure we more efficiently welcome and serve our most vulnerable community members with their most pressing problems.
We Make Our Community Stronger
- Each year, we provide 4,000+ counseling sessions, end or prevent homelessness for 175+ people, and provide a safe place for 150+ people living in their cars to park every night.
- Our agency operates with a very low overhead – more than 90% of our income goes directly into our programs. Last year, we provided $1,102,968 in financial assistance.
- New Beginnings ensures that everyone in our community can access affordable mental healthcare and that individuals, families, and veterans experiencing homelessness can stabilize and move into permanent housing.
Many Ways to Donate
- Make a contribution by check payable to New Beginnings and mail to: New Beginnings, 530 E. Montecito St., Ste 101 Santa Barbara, CA 93103
- Sponsor our annual benefit or Educational Luncheon Series at Upcoming Events
- Donate funds for an item on our New Office Gift List for the Moving Forward Campaign.
- Purchase an item directly for client housing on our Amazon Wish List
- Ask about our naming opportunities to honor or memorialize your family, a special friend, generous colleague, community member, or a veteran you know and love
- Donate through your donor-advised fund
Please contact our development team to arrange a donation of your choice or learn about naming opportunities, and in kind gifts of furnishings, equipment and supplies for our clients transitioning to new housing.
Other Ways to Give
Donations are also always needed to cover things for our clients that government assistance will not, like appliances, beds, medical assistive devices, renter’s application fees, renter’s insurance, and more.
New Beginnings seeks landlords and property managers to help serve the unhoused by making units available for them to rent and live. “We need landlords and property managers to work with us,” says Kristine Schwarz, Executive Director. On a daily basis, our staff builds relationships with landlord partners and provides supportive housing retention services to dozens of clients housed all over the county.
To learn about all the ways you can give to our organization, please see our Ways to Give page. Thank you!
“My husband, Jon, and I believe that New Beginnings provides many vital services to people experiencing homelessness and underserved families and individuals struggling with mental illness in Santa Barbara through a host of successful and nationally recognized programs. We are glad to support this important initiative to help New Beginnings centralize and move forward in a larger, efficiently designed, easily accessible, collaborative center. This will enable New Beginnings to better execute their existing programs, significantly expand, and bring together partners to better meet critical needs in our community.”
Sandy Schoolfield and Jon Kechejian
Thank you for making a gift to New Beginnings. All gifts are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Our tax ID number is #77-0556795.
Moving Forward Campaign
Relocating. Collaborating. Expanding Services
Join Our Generous Lead Gift!
Sandy Schoolfield and Jon Kechejian generously donated a $25,000 lead gift for the relocation and expansion to a new, south county collaborative center. Will you join Jon and Sandy in helping us raise $250,000 to centralize our in-person programs and supportive services in one, welcoming location?