Grants and Contracts Manger
The Grants and Contracts Manager works under the Grants Administration Director (GAD) and closely with the Executive Director (ED) to ensure grant compliance. This position assists with the oversight of government grants and contracts and with compiling and preparing government reporting. Position is full-time and starts immediately. Workload is steady. We want someone who is looking for a long-term home and wants to grow with our organization. Applicants MUST have some Quickbooks experience and be proficient at both Quickbooks and excel. Salary DOE. Generous time off and benefits. This position has the potential to eventually be hybrid for the right candidate.
- Oversee government grants alongside GAD and track and submit accurate reports as assigned on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
- Stay abreast of HUD COC, CDBG, ESG, SSVF, and State funding for homeless and housing regulations and requirements.
- Know and stay up to date on government grant requirements.
- Identify, research, and solicit potential sources of government funding.
- Collaborate with staff and management to ensure efficient and effective processes and monitoring for data collection and management.
- Maintain knowledge of government contracts and grants and respective budgets to assist in compliance with finance and administrative guidelines, deadlines, and audits.
- Assist GAD and Finance Associate with maintaining financial allocations for program expenses based on grant budgets and ensuring accuracy
- Assist GAD with management of complex time and activity sheet timesheet allocations based on grant budgets
- Assist with compilation of year end program data for applications and reports, as well as other program data as needed throughout the year
- Prepare bi-weekly budget-to-actual government drawdown excel trackers to ensure budget compliance.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience managing cost reimbursable contracts, budgets and invoices.
- Experience with accounting, including financial reporting and billing functions. Understanding of grant‐based accounting, fund accounting and fiscal grants management of federal and non‐ federal funds.
- Federal regulations, including associated procedures and guidelines as they relate to Homeless funding regulations, requirements and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge base by participating in educational or training opportunities, reading relevant publications, and maintain professional networks.
- Communicate information and ideas clearly, as well as concisely, both written and oral.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Google Suite, Adobe and Quickbooks.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- High attention to detail and accuracy
Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
• A resilient and entrepreneurial spirit with a growth mindset
• A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to succeed
• Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
This is a fast-paced job with a lot of responsibility. We have a collegial working environment with a group of hard-working individuals. We are looking for an exceptional employee with good humor, flexibility, and integrity. Attention to detail is key, as is the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and track and meet regularly occurring deadlines. Exceptional references and a demonstrated ability to perform job functions are required. A background check will be conducted and must be passed.
Work hours are Monday – Friday, 9-5 although there will be some night time and weekend hours on occasion to attend grant and reporting deadlines. As well, there is some flexibility with work hour ongoing. Starting salary is $65,000 – $75,000 annually DOE with medical and dental benefits provided, 403b contribution and matching, as well as other benefits and generous paid time off. Position begins asap.
Send resume, cover letter and a list of three professional references to email@example.com. If we feel you are a good match for the position, you will be contacted to schedule an interview as soon as possible. Thank you for your application!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; ancestry; national origin; religion/creed; sex/sexual orientation; gender; gender identity/expression, transition; political affiliation or beliefs; disability, medical condition, generic information, marital status; military/veteran status; pregnancy and conditions related thereto.; or any other characteristic protected by law (as defined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act — Government Code Section 12900-12996), except where such discrimination is based on a bona fide occupational qualification.