Community Engagement and Development Manager
Come join New Beginnings in our NEW FABULOUS OFFICE SPACE that centralizes all south county activities and creates a new and exciting space for staff, volunteers, clients and community collaborators.
The Community Engagement and Development Manager is a vital position requiring an individual who has the ability to coordinate and execute fund and donor development for a mid-size non-profit agency. The position is a full-time exempt position. Salary range is $70,000-$90,000 annually DOE and includes benefits and generous time off.
Some evening and weekend hours necessary to attend, oversee and/or present at events, media opportunities and other development tasks. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone looking to take on additional responsibility within an expanding critical community agency and grow into a leadership position within the organization. Position begins asap.
- Coordinates the agency’s overall community engagement efforts;
- In conjunction with Executive Director and Board of Directors Development Committee, co-creates and implements annual development plan and strategy;
- Helps to establish short- and long-range goals for securing unrestricted funding sources;
- Strategizes and orchestrates methods of approach to cultivate institutional and private donors;
- Researches private grant sources (individuals and corporations) to identify sources of restricted and unrestricted funding;
- Organizes and implements individual donor campaigns;
- Develops and grows major gift individual donor base;
- Manages annual and holiday giving campaigns;
- Cultivates major gifts;
- Produces major donor, board and special category solicitations/support materials with the intent to retain or upgrade gifts when possible;
- Delivers presentations and represents the agency to community groups
- Cultivates donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgment, and scheduling and attending in-person visits;
- Manages the agency’s Planned Giving Program – Tracks progress of pending Legacy and Bequest gifts; organizes educational workshops
Special Project Responsibilities:
- Plans multiple events throughout the year; including quarterly educational luncheons, annual gala event, agency presentations, etc. Responsibilities include general oversight of all pre-and post- event details, identifying appropriate event locations, managing guest lists, overseeing educational presentations, implementing strategic follow up, etc.
- Develops and organizes other special events, including donor gatherings, agency tabling opportunities, community gatherings and special events
- Engages and supports board members in development efforts and assists on several board committees;
- Attends board meetings and reports upon development efforts as requested.
- Provides some administrative support to the Board of Directors and assists in the onboarding process for new Board members.
- Provides reports and information for the Board of Directors as requested.
Reporting and Database Management
- Oversees maintenance of Donor Perfect database and any other development record-keeping.
- Prepares information and reports for internal and external stakeholders;
- Identifies and creates reporting systems to support organizational needs and objectives
- Oversees collection and compilation of data from multiple platforms for annual reporting needs, fund development, seasonal newsletter, agency annual report, etc.
Website and Communication Management
- Supervises maintenance and updating of website content
- Supervises marketing, communications and digital media campaigns
The ideal candidate is able to:
- Work with considerable initiative and independence;
- Establish and maintain cooperative and collaborative working relationships
- Indicate a proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications/Excel and Word, Google suite of products, Adobe Creative Suite Design Standard, Constant Contact, and Donor Perfect or similar databases.
- Prepare clean, concise and accurate correspondence, records and reports;
- Analyze, interpret and apply policies, rules and regulations; including funding opportunities.
- Gather, organize, analyze and present a variety of data and information in a variety of formats;
- Demonstrate experience in nonprofit development, fundraising, and community relations preferably within the mental health, education, human service or social service fields OR equivalent community relations and customer development/customer service experience
- Commit to at least one year in position
- Work well under deadlines and handle several projects at one time.
- Maintain solid boundaries, a strong work ethic, a “can-do” attitude and, ideally, a sense of humor.
Education/Training, Experience and General Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Research, data management, and statistical analysis skills;
- Detail-oriented work style with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills;
Send resume, cover letter, three relevant writing samples (e.g., appeal letters, customer relations communications, donor reports, grant proposals), and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a good match for the position, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; ancestry; national origin; religion/creed; sex/sexual orientation; gender; gender identity/expression, transition; political affiliation or beliefs; disability, medical condition, generic information, marital status; military/veteran status; pregnancy and conditions related thereto.; or any other characteristic protected by law (as defined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act — Government Code Section 12900-12996), except where such discrimination is based on a bona fide occupational qualification.