New Beginnings’ Supportive Services for Veteran Families program operates from a housing first model to help end veteran homelessness within Santa Barbara County. The program’s goal is to help veterans attain housing stability through short-term case management and financial assistance. We serve those in danger of losing their housing, and those who are homeless and need assistance in obtaining permanent, traditional housing.
- Short-term case management
- Housing stability counseling
- Security deposit placement assistance
- Temporary financial assistance for rental debts, security and utility deposits, and short-term rental assistance.
- VA benefit application assistance.
- Housing search assistance.
Basic Eligibility Requirements:
- A member of a veteran family, which can be a single veteran or family in which the head of household or the spouse of the head of household is a veteran.
- Gross household income must be at or below 50% of the area median income for household size.
- A person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released there from under conditions other than dishonorable.
- We need landlords! If you are a landlord who may be willing to rent to a veteran who is looking to get back on his or her feet, please contact us! Click to download the flyer for further information or contact Victor.
For more information about the SSVF Program, please contact:
Tel (805) 963-7777, ext. 115
Case Manager, South County
Tel (805) 963-7777, ext. 107
Case Manager, North County
Tel (805) 963-7777, ext. 176
Thank you to the Disabled Veterans National Foundation (DVNF) for providing us with funding to house our veterans and provide other forms of financial assistance.