Shelter Parking Lot Monitor duties include:
- Monitoring assigned parking lots in Santa Barbara and Goleta daily. An employee must exercise independent and sound judgment and take the initiative in applying best methods to communicate with program participants in a respectful, yet firm manner to correct any program infractions which arise. This requires dedication to public service often made difficult by emotional stress of events. Assignments are received from case managers and are carried out under established policies and procedures. Work is reviewed through conferences, written reports, and observation of results attained.
- Candidate must be willing to make at least a one-year commitment. This is a part-time position. The hours for this position include both daytime and night-time hours, with some flexibility, as follows: Monitor’s hours are for approximately 4 hours per day, typically 7 days per week, with the nighttime lot hours between 6:00am and 8am and 8:00pm and 12:00am, and the daytime lot hours between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Sunday, with random late night/early morning monitoring periodically throughout the week. Monitor has some flexibility regarding when to conduct monitoring on a weekly basis within program construct.
- Additional daytime hours can be obtained by assisting program staff with client transportation, resource management, supplemental food assistance deliveries, etc.
Monitor essential duties include:
- Maintain close communications with Case Managers of Safe Parking Program.
- Monitor assigned areas to ensure compliance with existing Safe Parking Program regulations.
- Identify vehicles in violation of program rules and determine whether program participants need to be met with to discuss non-compliance.
- Write warnings for non-permitted parked vehicles.
- Prepare and maintain required records, including logs of activities, and records of warnings.
- Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status.
- Maintain client and lot confidentiality at all times.
- Providing on-site case management and crisis intervention as appropriate. Assist with case management services, record keeping and contract compliance. Assist clients with all aspects of stabilization, housing search and connecting to support services. Assist with data collection/gathering demographic information. Provide basic needs and emergency services available through program, e.g., food and clothing distribution. Assist program participants in locating additional resources by making referrals to other community agencies as needed. Facilitate connecting program participants in need of mental health services to agency clinic or higher level of care. Connect program participants with employment support services, faith-based organizations and other civic organizations and community groups in place to assist in housing search and re-housing activities.
- Engage in street outreach activities. Assist in determining eligibility of individuals and families for the rapid re-housing program. Assist in assessing and evaluating the level of service required. Assist with conducting street interviews and gathering demographic information. Help families and individuals in crisis as able. Provide assistance with basic needs and emergency services and assist with applications for other agency services. Make community referrals as appropriate. Assist with weekly street outreach and food distribution.
- Participate in the annual Point in Time Count and other collaborative community homeless services efforts as they arise.
Staff member must have a working vehicle with liability insurance. A work cellphone will be provided. Position begins immediately. The hourly wage is $12.00 per hour + mileage reimbursement. Vacation and sick time provided; medical and dental benefits dependent upon number of hours worked per week. Number of hours worked per week is negotiable. Hourly rate will increase annually, at minimum in accordance with the California Minimum Wage rate structure. Candidate must be willing to make at least a one-year commitment. A background check will be conducted. Please contact email@example.com with resume and three professional references if interested. You will receive an email to schedule an interview if we believe you are a good match for the position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, political affiliation or beliefs, sex, age, physical handicap, medical condition, marital status or pregnancy (as those terms are defined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act — Government Code Section 12900-12996), except where such discrimination is based on a bona fide occupational qualification.