The Operations Manager is a crucial position at New Beginnings Counseling Center requiring an individual who has the ability to run a mid-sized non-profit’s administrative operations and activities with minimal direction or training, i.e., appropriate candidate has prior administrative experience running an office. The position is salaried 40-hour-per-week full-time benefited position. Salary is $52,000, exempt. Some evening and/or weekend hours necessary to assist with agency events and occasional community outreach events. Candidate must be willing to make at least a one-year commitment.
The Operations Manager will:
- Maintain office services by managing office operations and procedures
- Internally audit office and financial procedures to look for ways to increase efficiency
- Prepare payroll
- Prepare and manage all AP/AR
- Prepare government grant reporting with detailed back-up documentation
- Maintain filing systems
- Maintain health, general liability and other insurance requirements for multiple contracts and employees
- Record and organize daily cash receipts for high-volume counseling clinic
- Record and track financial aspects of donations, grants and contracts
- Provide administrative support for Executive Director
- Manage human resource files and employee paperwork and assist with personnel management
- Conduct new-hire orientation and train new volunteers and staff on office procedures
- Utilize QuickBooks to report on budget and program expenses, P&L and other financial reports
- Operate and maintain phone management system
- Help to manage regulatory compliance and external audits
- Work with agency accountants to reconcile books and prepare financial statements, audit materials, etc.
- Contribute to agency team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate is highly organized and very detail-oriented; is a self-starter, has initiative and is self-directed enough to complete tasks with minimal direction and oversight; uses independent judgment to produce a quality work product within tight time and budget constraints; has high professional standards, and communicates with diplomacy and tact; has excellent computer skills, including strong competency with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office Suite; has excellent written and verbal communication skills; is a team player who enjoys working collaboratively but who can also work independently; and is able to juggle a variety of tasks, clearly defining priorities, and managing time efficiently.
This is a fast-paced job with a lot of responsibility. We have a very nurturing and collegial working environment with a sharp group of hard-working individuals. We are looking for an exceptional employee with good humor, flexibility, and integrity. Attention to detail is key, as is the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and track and meet regularly occurring deadlines. Exceptional references and a demonstrated ability to perform job functions are required. A background check will be conducted. Position begins ASAP, with existing Operations Manager providing transition assistance.
Send resume, and a list of three professional references to email@example.com. If we feel you are a good match for the position, you will be contacted to schedule an interview as soon as possible.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, political affiliation or beliefs, sex, age, physical handicap, medical condition, marital status or pregnancy (as those terms are defined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act — Government Code Section 12900-12996), except where such discrimination is based on a bona fide occupational qualification.