New Beginnings is in need of a part time, long-term off-site bookkeeper with experience in nonprofit accounting and experience with federal grants. Work burden is approximately 3-5 hours per week, more during audits and quarterly reporting periods.
• Monthly reconciliation of agency bank accounts to general ledger, including investment accounts and prepaid accounts
• Monthly preparation of Financial Statements for Board of Directors’ and Executive Director’s review.
• Payroll submission through Quickbooks on a biweekly basis
• Preparation and submission of all quarterly and annual payroll taxes and reports
• Participation in multiple audit and tax preparation processes
• Annual preparation of cost allocation worksheets
• W2 and 1099 annual preparation and filling
• Assistance with quarterly grant reporting
• Calls and emails with ED and Operations Manager as needed to answer questions
Position begins asap.
Send resume, cover letter and a list of three professional references to email@example.com. If we feel you are a good match for the position, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, political affiliation or beliefs, sex, age, physical handicap, medical condition, marital status or pregnancy (as those terms are defined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act — Government Code Section 12900-12996), except where such discrimination is based on a bona fide occupational qualification.