The Accounting Clerk will work under the Finance department closely with the Finance associates and the Executive Director. This position assists the Finance department with various administrative and accounting tasks. The position is full-time and starts immediately. Workload is steady. We want someone who is looking for a long-term home and wants to grow with our organization. Salary DOE. Generous time off and benefits.
- Recording daily transactions in QuickBooks Online (Deposit, Income. Expenses)
- Scanning bills and receipts into QuickBooks Online and computer server
- Filing and maintaining physical files and records
- Printing and mailing checks and other documents
- Traveling to the bank to make bank deposits
- Following check and cash handling procedures
- Reporting daily check payment notifications to the bank
- Assisting Finance associates with account reconciliation
- Assisting Finance associates with accounting or documentation problem research
- Assisting with monitoring the aging reports for Accounts payable and receivable
- Working closely with other Finance associates, management, CPA, and Grant Administrator on various task requests
- Assisting with timesheet collecting when the other Finance associates are on vacation
- Answering phone calls and emails from management and other departmental personnel
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Associates degree or higher is required
- If no associates degree, then 1-2 years of similar job experience is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and databases are a plus
- Must be able to commute to the office and to the local bank
- Must have high attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have a strong desire to grow professionally and personally
- Must be able to follow organizational and departmental processes and procedures
- Must be well organized
- Must have an aptitude for numbers
- A true team player willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done to succeed
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership
- Strong oral and written communications skills
Work hours are Monday – Friday, 9-5 although there will be some nighttime and weekend hours on occasion to attend community events, meet with clients and join community and agency partner off-hour street outreach efforts, or attend to emergent client and administrative needs. Starting salary is $20 – $30 per hour DOE with medical and dental benefits provided, 403b contribution and matching, as well as generous paid time off. Position begins immediately.
Send resume, cover letter and a list of three professional references to email@example.com. If we feel you are a good match for the position, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; ancestry; national origin; religion/creed; sex/sexual orientation; gender; gender identity/expression, transition; political affiliation or beliefs; disability, medical condition, generic information, marital status; military/veteran status; pregnancy and conditions related thereto.; or any other characteristic protected by law (as defined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act — Government Code Section 12900-12996), except where such discrimination is based on a bona fide occupational qualification.