Monthly Community Event Calendars:
The Health Access and Care Coordination Project is an innovative multi-agency, multi-disciplinary collaborative focused on expanding access and improving coordination city-wide in Santa Barbara to ensure equitable healthcare for newly eligible Medi-Cal members residing in affordable housing.
The goal of the Health Access and Care Coordination Project is to connect MediCal expansion members with primary care and behavioral health providers.
CenCal Health funded this initiative through a contract with the Housing Authority of the City of Santa Barbara (HACSB), which has partnered with New Beginnings Counseling Center (NBCC) and five other nonprofit agencies in Santa Barbara: DASH, Doctors Without Walls, Pathpoint, Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics, and Vertical Change, to administer and participate in the Health Access and Care Coordination (HACC) Project.
The core values of equity, respect, compassion and collaboration guide the actions of HACC partners as we work together to improve access to health services for vulnerable members of our community.
The HACC collaborative will help facilitate the following for MediCal expansion members, ages 19-65:
- Increase access to mental health and immediate care services through the development of a multi-agency, multi-disciplinary team;
- Provide health education and wellness programs;
- Enhance care coordination across primary and behavioral healthcare delivery systems by assisting in health care navigation, linkages to formal services, arranging appointments, transportation to appointments, follow-up calls, and other disease management activities;
- Provide home visits and “pop-up” clinics for physical and mental health assessments, and preliminary treatment;
- Educate participants on how to avoid readmission to the hospital for basic healthcare needs; and
- Connect participants with area health care providers in order to help them establish lasting relationships.
For more information about the Health Access and Care Coordination Project, please contact:
Hannah Greenberg, MS
Health Services Coordinator, HACSB and Health Access & Care Coordination Project
Sebastian Irani (English and Spanish / en ingles y español)
Health Services Case Manager, HACSB and Health Access & Care Coordination Project
Stay up-to-date with HACC events by following on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/HACCProject