Clinical Director Job Description
The Clinical Director position is responsible for administratively overseeing and developing the Community Counseling Clinic at New Beginnings Counseling Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to staffing the counseling center, supervising trainees and interns at the Masters and Doctoral level, serving as agency liaison to outside volunteer supervisors, evaluating counselor performance, developing clinical service and training opportunities for the agency, and representing New Beginnings in the community. In addition, the Clinical Director shares responsibility for developing, planning and implementing strategies for program continuation and growth. Responsibilities also include providing clinical training to counselors, program staff, and agency collaborative partners. This position provides both clinical and personnel supervision of the clinical staff and provides clinical consultation for the agency’s other programmatic activities as necessary. The ideal candidate will have a nurturing demeanor and a proven ability to provide a safe space for learning. Must also have the ability to think globally, solve problems and have good decision-making skills, including critical thinking skills.
• Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of California with the required number of years to be a supervisor.
• Non-profit or for-profit program management experience, including staff supervision, and clinical supervision.
• Proven experience understanding and demonstrated ability to generate revenues for clinical services.
• Experience with Medi-Cal, Victim Witness and other types of client billings preferable, or a willingness and ability to learn.
• Current knowledge of the major theoretical orientations, techniques and practices used in the fields of psychotherapy and psychological assessment.
• If licensed at the Masters level, a willingness to educate yourself about pre-and-post licensing and supervision requirements at the Doctoral level.
• If licensed at the Doctoral level, a willingness to educate yourself about pre-and-post licensing and supervision requirements at the Masters level.
• Experience and confidence identifying and implementing evidence based practices.
• Experience and an interest in working in community mental health and with low-income and other vulnerable populations, e.g., the homeless population.
• Experience managing a crisis situation.
• Experience working with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
• Ability to work flexible hours when needed, and/or to be reachable for off-hour crises.
• Experience with program development, evaluation, solid organizational skills, and public speaking.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficiency in computer skills, especially using Word, Excel and customized databases.
• Ability to work in and adapt the culture of a multi-cultural, community based organization.
• Commitment to maintain confidentiality.
• Understanding of the Agency’s mission and culture and the ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with staff and clients in all circumstances.
• Employment contingent upon clear fingerprint and criminal history record and background check.
• Good inter-personal skills, ability to relate well with persons from a variety socioeconomic and cultural groups.
• Reliable transportation, valid California Driver’s License with a clear driving record and proof of insurance.
• Carry out other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Supervise and oversee all aspects of the counseling clinic. Evaluate existing contract compliance, monitoring and reporting to ensure all goals are being met.
• Project, develop, and monitor revenues. Work effectively with staff to maintain an efficient system.
• Hiring, supervision, evaluation, scheduling, promotion, corrective action of volunteer counselors within the counseling clinic.
• Develop, plan and implement strategies to manage program growth and ensure self-funding and sustainability of the program. Regularly review and recommend changes in program services to meet client needs with particular emphasis on services for underserved populations, oversight of program evaluation and quality assurance functions for clinic including assessment of applicable legal and professional requirements and monitoring treatment plans for clients. Ensure compliance for grant funding.
• Work with other members of the management team to assure successful communication and coordination between all New Beginnings’ programs, and participate in strategic planning.
• Regularly provide clinical training to clinical services staff and interns.
• Recruitment of clinical interns and clinical supervisors, conduct outreach and maintain working relationships with graduate schools.
• Must be reliable and consistent with attendance and punctuality to work.
• Represent New Beginnings in a professional manner.
• Must have an attitude of friendliness and be able to communicate with all levels within the agency.
• Maintain good working relationships with all New Beginnings’ staff and volunteers.
New Beginnings Counseling Center hires and promotes employees regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin or ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or physical handicap or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. New Beginnings Counseling Center is an equal opportunity employer. New Beginnings Counseling Center strives to be culturally competent, responding respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the cultural differences and similarities and the worth of individuals, families, and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each person.
This position has previously been a part-time position, but we are looking to possibly expand it to a full-time position with the right candidate. Minimum hours’ commitment per week is 25. Flexibility with hours is available. Applicants are encouraged to maintain a private practice, teach, or pursue other outside professional interests in addition to this position. Compensation DOE.
To apply: Send cover letter, résumé, and list of three references to email@example.com. If we feel you are an appropriate match for the position, you will be contacted via email for an interview.